PEM/COPPE/UFRJ Master’s Program is a stricto-sensu Graduate Program. Each student is intendent to pursue academic qualification and independence in research activities in one of the offered Concentration Areas.
MASTER’S PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Requirement: english proficiency.
Subjects (360 hours - 8 subjects):
· Mandatory Subject: 1 subject.
· Conditioned Subjects: 3 subjects.
· Free Choice Subjects: 4 subjects.
· Students must present a dissertation proposal when finishing the subjects periods.
Development of Dissertation:
· Desirable to be concluded in 24 months
Presentation of Dissertation
· The Homologation of the Examining Board must be solicited 45 days prior to the date of the Defense of the Dissertation.
· The Dissertation must be delivered to the Academic Registration Department 15 days prior to the date of Defense.
· Mandatory Subjects:
o COM 774 - Mathematical Methods
o COM 710 - Fundamentals of Fluids Mechanics
o COM 720 - Classical Thermodynamics
o COM 721 - Heat Transfer by Conduction
o COM 722 - Heat Transfer by Convection
o COM 728 - Computational Heat Transfer
o COM 732 - Mechanical Vibration of Discrete Systems
o COM 733 - Mechanical Vibration of Continuous Systems
o COM 740 - Elasticity
o COM 747 - Classical Mechanics
o COM 772 - Finite Elements
o COM 795 - Numerical Analysis
o COM 836 - Waves Propagation
o COM 840 - Continuum Mechanics
· Free Choice Subjects:
The list of all subjects offered by PEM is available at Subjects.